OrCAD® products can be licensing and locked to a portable physical device, a networked Ethernet / MAC address, or a Virtual Machine Environment.
OrCAD offers you a choice for licensing and locking mechanisms that best suite your tool usage needs. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right licensing and locking mechanism is an important step in getting the best usage out of the OrCAD products.
Contact your local channel partner to learn more about all of our licensing options below or if you need help with licensing, visit our licensing / installation page.
Licensing and Locking Options
- Dongle Device: Physical hardware locking device with a unique licensing ID that plugs into your computers USB port
- Network Address: A physical computer’s Ethernet / MAC address provides the unique licensing ID
- Virtual Machine: A virtual computer environment’s Ethernet / MAC address provides the unique licensing ID
- Evaluation: Timed trial license, usually tied to a network address
- Student Version: The OrCAD Lite / Student product versions are not licensed, but instead are limited in terms of design size and complexity